Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meet Your Guide

This blog is a beginner's guide to New York City, created for people that long to live here by people who already do. You citizens of the future need to know what it takes to survive in this town before you climb off that bus at Port Authority, and I'm here to help.
I've been a New Yorker for 22 years, arriving just in time for the blackout of '77. (I've left for stints in LA, Chicago, Nashville, and San Diego, so I've had the pleasure of moving in over and over again.) Since I've lived and worked throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens, I'll excuse myself from discussing the Bronx or Staten Island. Any of my fellow New Yorkers are more than welcome to add their hard-won wisdom to this effort - you're all experts, and you know it.
*By the way, most of this information won't be any use to rich people. They don't need to find cheap apartments and negotiate the subway system, lucky things. So if you don't have a driver or a personal assistant, read on!

No comments: